Roger C Greasby BSc. LRAM
Hi, I'm Roger, in my very early forties, husband to Rachel & father to our wonderful daughter Grace. I ejoy recording local bands & singers obviously, BUT that's not all I do at the studio.
Here is a brief insight:
I have worked with many companies, making training CDs & presentations for different functions and radio adverts including The Good Garage Scheme (as seen on Coronation Street!) which was piloted locally then broadcast nationally.
I work with kids of all ages as well, often recording voice to backing track to help them progress to stage-school or for their voice-reels used to showcase a particular performance.
The studio has seen many top bands through its' doors including national award winning band 'The Chairmen' from Leicester (Surface Unsigned Festival winners) and some top producers including Jay Burnett (Beastie Boys) and Fiz Shapur (West End Productions) who have helped on various projects. In 2010 Tinie Tempah recorded with me, which was very cool, adding his own flavour to a track by 3Oh3!.
Most b styles can be accommodated and I have worked with choirs, marching bands, string ensembles as well as bands and vocalists or all styles. I particularly like to work closely with vocalists and the studio is sponsor to several singing contests throughout the year. The studio (ProTools HD platform) is into its 9th year now & business is cool!
Roger, born 1971, has been involved in music most of his life (since about 7) and enjoyed singing as well as learning piano, clarinet & orchestral percussion in his early years. After completing Grade 8 piano + diploma he joined various bands at University and mostly played drums, but later keyboards also. Thesedays it's mostly production which consumes his time, although he still likes to play piano at home and compose.
Qualifications & Achievements (chronologically):
- Royal Schools of Music - Grade 8 piano 1986.
- Head Percussionist - Derbyshire County Orchestra 1987-8. Toured Northern Europe.
- Percussionist - Derbyshire District Brass Band 1987.
- Queens Scout Award 1987 - Still enjoys making fires & burning things!
- LRAM - diploma for piano 1988.
- Warwick University : Chemistry with Pharmaceutical Chemistry 1989–1992.
- President of the Band Society at Warwick University 1991-1992.
- Member of several bands mainly hard rock & indie/pop from 1989–2002.
- Established Cued Up Recording Studio in Coventry city centre 1993–1995.
- Acquired premises for what is now Born in a Barn Studio, Ansty 1995.
- Assistant Engineer. Various short tours with UK PA Hire company SSE in conjunction with Firkin Breweries 1998-1999. Whilst 'cutting his teeth' here, he worked on many major UK festival sites & worked on tour with bands such Reef, The Charlatans, Moby & Sugar Ray.
- Touring 'Rock n Roll' Truck Driver for Fly by Nite Trucking 1999-2001 working with bands such as Slipknot, The Bee Gees, Showaddywaddy, Sting, Underworld, Robbie Williams, Sophie Ellis Bextor, Gomez, Gabrielle, Annie Lennox & even Sir Cliff Richard once!
- Made further structural developments to the premises which are now BB Studio - 2001.
- Re-opened & established BB Studio - 2004.
- 1st single released on download charts - 2006.
- Overhauled Live Room - 2007
- Completed Accommodation Rooms 2008 - Became a father and a husband!!
- 2009 - launched Pop Star Party brand
- 2010 - Won Scottish indie band Oswald's "Flying to the Ground" national remix competition
- 2010 - Developed Pop Star Party further & Integrated a Green Room for buffets. Sponsor to Live & Unsigned. A national singing competition to find new talent.
- 2011 - set up song-writing company RantProd Music Production. Continued sponsoring singing contests. Added Pop Star Parade and The Cedar Pod with outside decking areas to studio facilities.
- 2012 - Developed RantProd further launching new website. Refurbished green room, naming it Jessie' Pout - The Party Hangout. Continue to sponsor OpenMicUK and TeenStar Competitions.
- 2013 - CompCamp was born - The Audition Preparation service for competition singers and received official trademark through the patent office for Pop Star Party. Pop Celeb Party also goes live.
- Massive studio upgrade leaping forward to running ProTools10 on iMaci5 3.2GHz - 'we're ready for ya!'
Claim to fame (chuckleworthy)
Made Robbie Williams jump – was backstage watching Bowie at the Wembley Net-Aid gig in 1999 & completely startled him!! Long story. Quite bizarely, later that night, was rushed to hospital after an accident involving George Michael's swivelling leather chair - the one with speakers in it used in his Fast Love video – another long amusing story, yawn!
Claim to fame (heroic)
Saved the day for Moby at T-in-the-Park 2000 by breaking open the lock on his tourbus so he could get to his stage outfit. There's many skills to my arsenal.
Shame to fame
Had dinner with with Jon Lord of Deep Purple (at the same table) in the Royal Opera House cafe/restaurant and didn't even realise!! Observation not a strong point!
Favourite band through time – Blondie - Debbie rules !!!